Isham-Chase Scholarship Announced at Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe College

Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe College (LCOOC) is excited to announce the creation of the Isham-Chase Scholarship, a contribution from Mr. Mic Isham and Mrs. Monica Chase. The family has committed to $8,000, supporting a $1,000 scholarship each fall and spring semester over a course of four years. “As the first person in my family to attend College I credit LCOOC for most of the success that I’ve had, from my GED to supporting through completing my bachelors degree at Northland College, and setting my children on a path to success. The College is part of the solution to many issues that our community faces,” shares Mic Isham, Executive Director of GLIFWC. Increased scholarship offerings reduce the barriers of tuition and textbook costs for Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe College students. This reduction in barriers supports the College’s mission to provide Anishinaabe communities with post-secondary and continuing education while advancing the language, culture, and history of the Ojibwe. “The growth that LCOOC has had over the past two years – developing bachelors programs, launching a capital campaign, athletics, and more is a part of how we support student success in our community. My dad and I decided to collaborate our backgrounds and provide this scholarship to students who are interested in the natural resources or legal fields,” Monica Chase, Attorney for LCO Child Support Services, and LCOOC Board of Regents Vice Chair said. The scholarship application will be available on the college website, www.lco.edu/scholarships and open to Native American undergraduate students to apply. For further questions, call 715-634-4790 ext. 186 or email advancement@lco.edu.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.

ABOUT US

Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe College (LCOOC) is a non-profit Ojibwe tribal community college.  We are an open-door institution which welcomes anyone who would like to work toward a better tomorrow.  LCOOC does not discriminate based upon race and will not deny admission to any Native student regardless of tribal enrollment or affiliation. We are compliant with Title IX which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex.

ADDRESS

LCO Ojibwe College
13466 W. Trepania Rd.
Hayward, WI 54843

info@lco.edu

Phone: 715.634.4790
Toll-Free: 888.526.6221
Fax: 715.634.5049

LCOOC Sustainable Agriculture Research Station

13457W Froemel Rd.

Hayward, WI 54843

Phone: 715.634.9666

© 2017 LAC COURTE OREILLES OJIBWE COLLEGE

• Facebook Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • ecampus