Chase Appointed to Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College Community Board of Regents

The Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College (LCOOCC) Board of Regents recently appointed Monica M. Chase, Zhaawanagiizhigookwe, attorney for the Lac Courte Oreilles Child Support Program, to the Board of Regents. Chase was elected Vice Chairman of the LCOOCC Board of Regents September 20th.

Attorney Chase was born and raised on the Lac Courte Oreilles Reservation and is a Lac Courte Oreilles Tribal Member. After graduating from Hayward High School, Class of 2007, she attended the University of Wisconsin, Green Bay. She received her Bachelor of Science in Political Science and Public Administration with a minor in Public Policy in 2011. In 2014, Attorney Chase graduated with a Juris Doctorate from Marquette University Law School where she was the President of the Children and Family Law Society.

After graduating from Law School, Attorney Chase was hired with the law firm of Dallenbach, Anich & Wickman, S.C. in Ashland, Wisconsin. She was a general practitioner there, focusing on family law, for three years when an opportunity to work for the Lac Courte Oreilles Child Support Program became available. For about the last two years Attorney Chase has represented the Lac Courte Oreilles Child Support Program as well as assisting the Lac Courte Oreilles Legal Department whenever requested.

“Throughout my life and career, I have desired to be an active and helpful participant in my community” shared Attorney Chase. “I have achieved many things in my life and am prouder of my position here, with the Tribe, than I have ever been. It has been my overall goal in life to go out into the world and become successful so that I could bring that success back to my reservation and use it to help better our community.”

Attorney Chase resides in her hometown of Hayward with her husband, Nick Chase who is the Unit Director for the Lac Courte Oreilles Boys and Girls Club, and their three young children.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.

ABOUT US

Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe College (LCOOC) is a non-profit Ojibwe tribal community college.  We are an open-door institution which welcomes anyone who would like to work toward a better tomorrow.  LCOOC does not discriminate based upon race and will not deny admission to any Native student regardless of tribal enrollment or affiliation. We are compliant with Title IX which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex.

ADDRESS

LCO Ojibwe College
13466 W. Trepania Rd.
Hayward, WI 54843

info@lco.edu

Phone: 715.634.4790
Toll-Free: 888.526.6221
Fax: 715.634.5049

LCOOC Sustainable Agriculture Research Station

13457W Froemel Rd.

Hayward, WI 54843

Phone: 715.634.9666

© 2017 LAC COURTE OREILLES OJIBWE COLLEGE

• Facebook Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • ecampus