LCO College Welcomes New Business Faculty!

LCO College is pleased to announce the hire of our new Business Faculty member David (Wabigaikek) Fleming, Sr.

David is a new member of the LCO Colleges business faculty and is a former LCO College student and credits his education and career success to the LCO College.

“If it weren't for the LCO College, I am not sure I would have attended college and been able to achieve all the things I have in my career. The LCO College truly opened many doors for me, for which I am eternally grateful. I am very excited to join the colleges business faculty and to work with students to gain a solid understanding of business and economics, especially in tribal settings. I have worked with entrepreneurs and in Native finance for over 20 years and I am looking forward to helping students realize their academic goals. My hope is that I can help students learn what opportunities exist for entrepreneurs and how to use best business practices to be successful business people.” - David Fleming, Sr.

David has owned two coffee shops, a consulting business, founded a small business loan fund, and held various professional positions in firms that work in Native Community Development finance. David was recently the Business Manager for the LCO Tribe, manager of the LCO Country Store and an adjunct business professor at Northland College in Ashland, WI.

David Fleming Sr., MBA (Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe, Eagle Clan) is from the New Post and Six-Mile communities of LCO. David graduated from Hayward High School and attended the LCO Community College for his first year of college. David transferred to UW-Superior where he received his BS in Business Administration. David later attended UW-Eau Claire where he received his Masters in Business Administration (MBA).

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.

ABOUT US

Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe College (LCOOC) is a non-profit Ojibwe tribal community college.  We are an open-door institution which welcomes anyone who would like to work toward a better tomorrow.  LCOOC does not discriminate based upon race and will not deny admission to any Native student regardless of tribal enrollment or affiliation. We are compliant with Title IX which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex.

ADDRESS

LCO Ojibwe College
13466 W. Trepania Rd.
Hayward, WI 54843

info@lco.edu

Phone: 715.634.4790
Toll-Free: 888.526.6221
Fax: 715.634.5049

LCOOC Sustainable Agriculture Research Station

13457W Froemel Rd.

Hayward, WI 54843

Phone: 715.634.9666

© 2017 LAC COURTE OREILLES OJIBWE COLLEGE

• Facebook Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • ecampus