Current Scholarship Opportunties:
2016 -17 American Indian College Fund
Student of the Year Award
Sponsored by the Adolph Coors Foundation
This $1,200 scholarship will recognize ONE outstanding American Indian student from Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College for academic excellence and community involvement.
v Full-time, second year student on track for graduation with minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must have demonstrated community service, volunteer work, and a commitment to serving the community after graduation
- Must provide proof of tribal enrollment, copy of transcripts, and digital color photo (headshot only)
- Must NOT have received a previous Associate’s degree
- Cannot be immediate family member of an individual on the LCOOCC Financial Aid Committee
v Please submit the following by the deadline of Friday, 1/27/17 4:30PM:
- Typed AICF application
- 1000 word essay explaining why student should be selected for this award (essay must go beyond the AICF application questions to be considered)
- Presentation media (PowerPoint or video) to supplement essay
Please contact the LCOOCC Financial Aid Office (715-634-4790 ext. 114 or 103) if you have any questions.
American Indian College Fund TCU - DEADLINE - FEBRUARY 28, 2017
The American Indian College Fund provides two main scholarships: Full Circle and the TCU. One must apply for each scholarship separately.
- The Full Circle application is generally open during the spring term from January to May. The award is made to the student in the academic year following the application. For example, if a student completes the application in April of 2017 and is awarded the scholarship would be applied during the 17-18 academic year.
- The TCU scholarship is awarded during the semester in which the application is submitted. Deadlines for the TCU are determined by the school and vary from term to term; generally, students must complete the TCU scholarship application within the first two months of the term. The Spring 2016 TCU deadline is 2/28/2017.
The Ojibwemowin Scholarship - DEADLINE - TBD
American and Canadian census data indicate that Ojibwemowin is spoken by over 56,000 people throughout North American. Ojibwemowin use both promotes and preserves culture and tradition, yet evolves within the context of a modernizing society. LCO Ojibwa Community College, with support from the AICF, is offering students the opportunity to explore Ojibwemowin and its relevance. The majority of this project must be completed in written and spoken Ojibwemowin, with use of English limited to instances in which there are no Ojibwe words for contextual usage, or for translation for a non-native audience. Students must have submitted an AICF Fall TCU Application and be eligible for financial aid. Must be an enrolled tribal member, or descendant of tribal member. Students must also have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.Topic:1. What is the importance of Ojibwemowin?2. How do you use it in your daily life?3. How does Ojibwemowin relfect (a) traditions and (b) culture for you and your tribe?Components of Project (must contain all three)1. 1,000 word typed essay or story that addresses the four aspects (1, 2, 3a, 3b) of the topic.2. A 7-10 minute video that futher expounds on the written component - use this to give examples, or cite and explain references for the research upon which you have based your body of work. Examples include a recording of yourself giving a powerpoint presentation, a documentary style video with narrations in Ojibwemowin, or a storytelling or role playing video.3. English translation for components 1 & 2 to ensure a non-native audience can have a thorough understanding of your submission.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
LCO Elder’s Association Scholarship application is now open! Deadline is April 15, 2017.
To be eligible for this scholarship,
- You must be an enrolled member or affiliated with a federal recognized tribe,
- You must be enrolled at least 6 credits at an accredited college, university or technical school working on an undergraduate degree,
- And you must be a resident of Sawyer County.
To apply for this scholarship,
- Fill out the application form (attached to this email),
- Write an essay (300 word minimum) explaining community involvement and volunteerism, cultural activities and hobbies, employment experience, career goals, planned contribution to Native American communities, and the reason you feel you deserve this scholarship,
- Provide proof of enrollment (letter of enrollment or copy of tribal i.d. card),
- Provide a copy of academic transcripts (GED, H.S, College),
- And provide attendance records.
LCO Elders Association
Ellen Martin, Chair
13246 W. Bacon Strip Unit B
Hayward, WI 54843
For more information or if there are questions: email@example.com
Spirit of Sovereignty Scholarship - DEADLINE - Closed
The Spirit of Sovereignty Fund was established by the National Indian Gaming Association as an avenue for tribes, business and individuals working in the Indian Gaming Industry to give something back to the greater American Indian Community. The Spirit of Soveriegnty Fund has generously donated $2,000 to the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College to be awarded to full time Native American students to assist with education-related expenses. To apply for this scholarship please submit the following documents to the Financial Aid Office by October 28, 2016:
There are numerous scholarship resources for funding your collegiate pursuits. The Financial Aid Department is available to answer your questions regarding potential funding resources. Call, email, or stop by the office for more information.
|Kelly Quaderer, Financial Aid Director||Jordan St. Germaine, Financial Aid Assistant|
|(715) 634 4790 ext. 114||(715) 634 4790 ext. 103|
An additional resource to find out current scholarships, college and community events is by our Financial-Aid Lcoocc Facebook Page! Like and Follow for the latest available scholarship opportunites and wonderful events going on at the college or in the surrounding communities!
Scholarship Search Engines & Resources
Native American Scholarship Resources
Scholarship Search Engines:
Other Scholarship Resources: