Application Guidelines: (All application submissions must include the following)
- ALL MATERIALS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED IN A SINGLE PACKET
- a cover letter
- an updated resume and/or current Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- a completed LCOOCC Application for Employment form (download below in Acrobat format)
- Hand-delivered application packages will be accepted at the College until 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date; mailed applications must be post-marked on or before the deadline date, and emailed application packages must be received by 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date.
- Emailed applications can be sent to HR@lco.edu
- Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College encourages applications from all people and sources however; we follow an Indian preference policy when hiring.
Full-Time or Part-Time Vacancies:
Adjunct Faculty (Open Applicant Pool for All Disciplines) - Follow the normal application guidelines process with all indicated documents except provide only two (2) letters of recommendation - Positions available at all sites.
ALP 107 GENERAL COMPUTING - 2 CREDITS
This course is designed for the beginning student and will allow the student to gain experience using Microsoft Word as well as become familiar with searching the Internet, sending e-mails and practicing file management
CPS 101 COMPUTER APPLICATIONS - 3 CREDITS
This course covers the basics of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Students wishing to test out of this course must pass a college placement exam.
NAS 101 OJIBWEMOWIN I - 4 CREDITS
This course is an introduction to the Ojibwe language through listening, speaking, reading and writing. In this course, students will learn basic Ojibwe vocabulary and grammar including commands, negation and simple compound sentences. All four verb-types will be examined with an emphasis on VAI verbs. Traditional Ojibwe culture will be integrated throughout the course as a means of gaining greater comprehension of the language. The orthography used in this class is commonly known as double-vowel
Outside Contractor Bids:
None at this time
Student Employment Opportunities
Various internships and other student work opportunities are available throughout the school year (some are available in the summer in conjunction with class credit). Contact the following individuals for more details:
Amber Marlow (Ext. 156) - Internships
Danielle Carley (Ext. 124) - Work Based Learning Program
Kelly Quaderer (Ext. 114) - Work Study Program