The Early Childhood Education program will prepare the student to plan developmentally appropriate environments and activities that will promote optimal growth through learning for young children. During the final semester, students will successfully complete a structured field experience in a child care/classroom setting to demonstrate an understanding of early childhood development.
As an Early Childhood Program student, you should:
* Enjoy and respect children
* Exhibit a caring attitude
* Be flexible
* Use good judgment
* Be dependable
* Communicate effectively
* Demonstrate awareness of diverse cultures
PREPARATION FOR ADMISSION
The following qualities and experiences may help prepare you for entry into this program:
* Applied math
* Parenting/family living
* Health/food choices
Students who complete the Associate's Degree in Early Childhood should be able to:
* Demonstrate and implement appropriate curriculum for young children
* Provide safe and healthy environments for young children.
* Provide an early childhood program that will emphasize awareness of diverse cultures.
The demand for Early Childhood professionals continues to increase. The typical careers that are available after graduation include: